Monday, May 28, 2012

| doodles |

Ahhh too lazy to make this big ol' speech about my art, so lemme just copy+paste what I said about the piece from dA lol:

After a brush with an incredibly busy schedule mixed with art block, I'm finally seeing the light at the end of the tunnel! :iconpapcryplz: Today I felt a surge of inspiration, something I hadn't felt in a long while.

I'm too unmotivated to open rl commissions, and then I noticed... I hardly have any waist up/full body samples anyways! On top of that, I have no solid coloring style. It fluctuates like crazy. I admire the soft+cell shading styles a lot, personally, and would love to get myself going in that direction.

For a while I was scared to try, because you see people complain at other artists or point out what's wrong or worse- what they don't like. Which can be completely subjective. But then I realized, how will I ever hit the god tier of what I want my style to be if I'm scared to even try? I like to consider this my first piece trying to seriously get better.

It's also my first background in a very, very long while. Sure it's simple, but it's the foot in the door! So here's to hoping I can get some consistency so my commissioners have something more reliable to look at!

Gosh, my artist comments always end up being confessionals, don't they? I always wonder who takes the time to read them, because many comments I get make it obvious they don't read at all! T___T;; Whoops. /always puts a big block of text???

The girl in this picture is Amalya, my OC! She's a little sheep shrine maiden. :> I haven't thought about her in a very long while! I kinda missed her. 

 * 7* Okay so we talked some more about the PKMN OCs!! Teehee! We decided Raidin and Maci have three children all together. Jack, the eldest. Van, who is from another story but is actually (unknowingly) "adopted," we decided it'd be fun if his real parents were Raidin and Maci. 

The last is this little girl, and the youngest PKMN OC of that story?! No name for her yet. :( I won't name her till Rieka names her rival, heh heh heh. 

Miki+Lino. (...)

Kei+his mom. 

I like to think these comics are not only about them facing things they don't want to talk about to others, but represent inner demons, too. 

OKAY G'NIGHT.

No comments:

Post a Comment